NuffNang

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Circus is in Town!!!

[updated: 23 August 2007]- Check out the photos below.

I remember going to the Royal London Circus way back in Malacca while still in school. If I'm not mistaken it was at the reclaimed land before the development of Melaka Raya. Maybe someone with a better memory could correct me or put a date to it.



Anyway, it has made it's way up to Selangor now...Taman Puchong Utama, to be more exact. We are planning to go this Sunday (19 August) at 5pm. We should be getting the C seats at RM30. Whoever's in town, you are obliged to drop everything (except your very pregnant wife, kid or aged parents) and join us then. Leave your name in the comment below before Friday ok?

Confirmed attending:
1. SW
2. SF & daughter
3. CKG

People from Singapore are encouraged to take advantage of the weaker Ringgit to drive down to PJ and enjoy the show ;-)

[updated: 23 August 2007]

While the show wasn't outstanding, it had it's moments, and probably worth the RM30 weekend ticket. The thing that pissed me off was the way the tickets were sold. I went the night before and was told that I can't actually buy any tickets but was instead given a receipt to collect the tickets at least 2 hours before the show. I mean, it's the next day and they could just give me those tickets so that I could at least confirm our seats. Afraid that I maybe late (I was, sorry), I had to drive all the way to Puchong to get the tickets in the morning before returning at 5pm again just to watch the show. Ridiculous arrangement.

Anyway, here are some pictures taken during the show....courtesy of Szue Fei. There were more photos and some of the acts are not shown here. So just treat this as a quick preview. If you have nothing to do on a weekend, then get your *** down to Puchong for the circus!


The welcoming act.


A balancing act.


What circus would be complete without the elephant?


Fallen angel


A man, his horse, his 2 dogs and a monkey......Merdeka!


The new sliming craze is in town!


The best act of the show!

Click here for more photos taken by Szue Fei.

1 comment:

eric said...

Wonder which people in Singapore you are talking abt leh?

Anyway, I'll start the ball rolling on old circus acts in Malacca- other than the obvious ones in our old SFI classes involving Jason Kat, Chong Hwa Siong and Jonathan Lin.

There's one which I remember I went to eons ago sebelum ayam bertelur- used to be a circus just outside my house in Ujong Pasir. Along the road as the Petronas but before reaching that there was an empty space. I vaguely remember the other circus at the reclaim land where Mahkota is now too. As compared with the fancy arty ones nowadays ie. Cirque de Soleil in Singapore- these circuses actually has live animals. And they always call it Royal London Circus too.