NuffNang

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Obituary: Kang Teck Lye

Most people were busy during the weekend of 9th and 10th June. It's the last week of school holidays and also an auspicious date to get married (our Mikey and also the PM tied the knot). In the midst of preparing for the trip, I got an sms from Jason Leong:

"Our accounts teacher Mr Kang Teck Lye has passed away on Mon. Just saw the obituary column in the Star." - 8/6/07, 8:14pm.

By that time, the funeral was over and it was too late for anyone of else to do anything much.

I am sure we all have mixed memories of our times under him, for better or for worse, he was our teacher and it pains me that I have to start a new label for Obituary in this blog.

May he rest in peace.

As a sign of respect, I would not post the next batch of photos for the next 2 days.

Note: Newspaper cutout provided by Sunny/Jason.

12 comments:

Ravi said...

Sad to hear. I remember he had a soft spot for me. He took good pictures, all the secondary school class photos that we have, were snapped by him. May his soul rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

sad indeed. we did have our differences...enuf said....sigh...rest in peace Mr. Kang..

MIke

Unknown said...

"Ang Cha Boh" These 3 words reminds me whenever we mentioned Mr Kang's name . RIP Sir!-Sunny

eric said...

Shucks ravi and sunny, i always remember u 2 fellas as being the best impersonators of Mr Kang...perhaps in memoriam of him, 1 of u guys shud post a video clip of your best work on this website !!

eric said...

And the guy actually passed away in venice!! mama mia...

Unknown said...

Sorry Eric, I hung my act a long time ago. I have moved on. Currently, just good at doing monkey faces to my kid only.

Anonymous said...

Bong kim chai shld have fond memories of him when he delightly called his surname "Bong" followed by his "Kang". Rest in peace... at least you died close to god's city of vatican.

Beng

Jason Leong said...

Sunny, you are right! The three painstaking word that Raymond Ang never forget and if I am not mistaken he also called Choong Chia Yee as "Tong Tahi"...Mr. Kang is certainly a man of humour. May he rest in peace up there.

eric said...

Another of Kang Teck Lai's famous quotable quotes involves man's best friend and Ireland's most famous product...

Anonymous said...

May Mr. Kang rest in peace. From "Or Kau" to "Pai Ka" (the latter which he used on me when I had the memorable accident with the former), I can still remember every bit of him. I guess it is teachers like him with both bitter sweet effects on us that we remember very well.

patrickng

KG said...

And I don't think we made live so easy for the teachers as well. Looking back now, I realize that teaching is just their day jobs and they have their own worries and problems outside of school as well. But we had expected them to revolve around our world.

Unknown said...

Guys,I'm sure we have fond memories of our teachers. Whether we like them or not, they had played a role in building our characters today!