NuffNang

Monday, June 05, 2006

4 Days to go

In my opinion, this year's world cup is sure to be an exciting one. Who will win the World Cup this year ? I think it won't be any South American team. If you guys study the history, it's always an alternate winner between Europe and South America.

1970 - Brazil
1974 - W Germany
1978 - Argentina
1982 - italy
1986 - Argentina
1990 - Germany
1994 - Brazil
1998 - France
2002 - Brazil

So, you see the patern and why I said that this year's winner would be an european team ...
My Prediction would be Germany, Italy & Spain. But don't forget to look out for Swtizerland, I think they will go far too.

2 comments:

Jason Leong said...

True enough, history repeats. However, I don't think you can apply the pattern this time because as time goes by, coaches & players are getting smarter each day, studying each others strength and weaknesses.Paradoxically, the stronger the player, the lesser you could see him perform at his best as he will be mark by others. As I have mentioned, there could be darkhorses this time around. Nevertheless,Germany stand a good chance as the host always have the extra surge of power in winning the world cup!

KG said...

I think choosing the teams going into the final maybe too easy-lah. I think if you choose Argentina, Brazil, Italy and Germany you would not do too badly (of course this can come back to haunt me)...but which underdog team would be the surprise package in this tournament? I mean which non-footballing giant country would make it to the quarters or semifinals or....gasp..the finals?

I put my money on Australia.

With a country that has always done well in sports and a manager that could put some strategic edge to them...I think they are the team to watch.